Skip to main content

When you think you know someone

I say this topic to say when we take time to try our best to get to know someone.  Isn’t  it the worst when they start doing things that let us know we don't know them. I had an old post a few months ago about Secret Single Behavior, this ties into that post and is an in-depth part 2. So, in the beginning you meet, and you love their smile. You love the intelligent conversations, and what about all the things that you have in common that just makes your connection get deeper.





But of course what about the things that people never say out loud.  No one you meet says hey how you doing I am extremely insecure about x y z .  No guy who just wants to fuck is going to say hey how are you doing my name is Curtis I just want to have amazing sex with you.  Or better yet it’s great to meet you but I have an unusually weird porn addiction. 

That’s right weird shit starts coming out later. Maybe they prefer to sleep alone, or they don’t like PDA, but you do!!! Some of our secrets are not even weird they are just a collection of habits and trauma and the past trying to reconnect and understand something new.  Ahhhh the relationship DE boggle isn’t it just annoying. It makes it terribly hard to get close to people.

All the problems that you have in life start with you, and your habits makeup a big part of who you are. Is it about changing or is it about adapting? Or is it a balance in between that we are seeking?

No one is perfect this has been a quote we all live by. Sometimes I think people use it to accept bad behavior and sometimes I think people use it to continue doing the fucked-up shit they do. And sometimes we are really just trying to be a better human each day, but we still fall short.

When you think you know someone but then you find out one thing you don't like does it simply depend on what the something is?  How do you proceed when dealing with them? Ghosting is for the weak. Do you tell them it bothers you or tolerate this new thing about them that has really never been new to them, they just decided the perfect time to let the cat out of the bag. If you have something you keep from the ones, you really like how long before you decide to


reveal it? Or do you ever?  On this sunny day in the A (Atlanta) these are some of my Thoughts Out Loud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding peace in a storm ☔️

  Isn’t it crazy when you think of all the things that adulting throws at you???  The world we live in has changed so much over the last 10 years and I am so glad to see I am changing with it. One thing you don’t want to do is stop changing. Not changing and growing alone can cause an environment that will be toxic to your mind and soul, and it will spread a negative example.  I compiled a short list of things we can do to help find peace in a storm. One of the best ways that we can find peace is by meditating and starting our day with a mentality of being able to give and receive. Giving knowledge and receiving knowledge.  And trust me I get it when no one wants to hear everything will be okay or how do you even focus on peace when everything is so chaotic. I can’t lie that is hard. But learning to navigate hard is where you will actually find your peace. It’s such a weird perspective but if you think that when everything is easy that’s when you will find peace th...

The Idea of Someone

 I say it all the time and it’s honestly so true we are so into this person and then all of a sudden, we just don’t feel like it fits anymore. It's interesting how the chemistry is going great everything seems very seamless with the connection but then it's the reality of things that begin to hold you back.   Maybe you want different things or maybe it’s just the idea of that person sounded goo d.  You know what I mean. We like the way the energy flows, we have conversations with depth but by the fourth date or when you start to think of the relationship evolving. Oh, wait now we have to unveil secret single behavior, or we are trying to fit you in to an  already routine weekly schedule. Uummmm I literally liked the idea of having company or the idea of going out to eat or the idea of kissing somebody’s ear or the idea of ANYTHING you enjoy doing with someone.  But now it has become an attachment that the other p...

Healthy Relationships

  So how in the world am I writing this lolol!!! I don't think I have ever had one. Sad but true.  In a world of dysfunction and coping mechanisms it's so hard to actually find it.  Or is it hard? I can't lie let's just be frank we all meet the guy or the girl that is the sweetest person and they totally feel perfect.  Of course, we know perfect does not exist no matter how hard we look.  I think the solution to that is realizing what your perfect is and is there any growth happening in the relationship.  Trust this if you are not growing all the time in some way and learning new things you will never feel perfect.  Healthy doesn't mean perfect and in no way am I saying perfect should be you expecting bare minimum bullshit from anyone.   Healthy relationships have to be laughing together, watching the movie together and cooking together but healthy relationships are also doing a lot of things apart.  I never quite realized this until I g...